Squid pepper fry is a spicy and delicious Kerala squid preparation. It’s a great combination with steamed rice, chapathi and appm. The squid is thickly coated with all the masala and gets all its taste. Here is the quick and easy recipe.
- squid- 1/2 kg
- oil-1 1/2 tbsp
- crushed pepper- 1tsp
- onion- 1 large
- ginger chopped- 1 tbsp
- garlic chopped-1 tbsp
- green chilly-1 nos
- tomato-1 large.
- turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
- pepper powder-1/2 tsp
- coriander powder-1 tbsp
- salt-to taste
- spring onion-to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan; when its hot add crushed pepper and saute well in low flame.
- Add onions chopped and saute until transparent.
- Add ginger, garlic and green chilly; saute for a minute.
- Add all the powders one by one and mix well after each addition.
- Add tomato pieces and saute well until mashed.
- Add cleaned squid pieces and mix well.
- Cover cooks it for about 15 minutes or until squid gets cooked. Stir occasionally; Don’t add any water; as the squid itself contains lots of water in it.
- Open cooks it for another 5-6 minutes until a dry gravy gets formed.
- Switch off the flame and garnish on top with chopped spring onion and onion pieces.