A super breakfast or brunch meal, this hash is easy to make and is a amazing use of leftover ham. This recipe suitable to healthy diet or ketosis. yummy…..
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 large red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium, low-fat, diced ham (about 4 ounces), all visible fat discarded
- 3 cups frozen, fat-free southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. salt-free Cajun or Creole seasoning blend
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the bell peppers and onion for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and the bell pepper is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the ham. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the hash browns and seasoning blend. Cook without stirring for 4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Stir (the golden-brown pieces will be redistributed). Cook without stirring for 4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and the mixture is heated through.
- Stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper.