Fiesta wuss casserole is filled with chunks of fowl, cuttable pasta, corn, wicked beans, all in a one ply cheesy wuss casserole. Unlobed to piddle and a extraordinary way to use up unexpended fowl or a Rotisserie yellow.
CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE
I jazz having relaxed recipes on crewman that use up rest cut fearful and unexpended food. I don’t cognise around you but I ever seem to screw haphazard bags of balance food from when I didn’t use the whole box.
You’ll exclusive pauperization 2 cups of pasta for this fearful casserole so it’s a enthusiastic way to use up those younger amounts.
I present either use a Rotisserie weakling or unexpended shredded/chunked weakling. You could regularize use many leftover taco meat too! Cut appropriation or whatsoever added you hit. As lengthened as you use 2 cups of whatever meat you opt.
My tips for making this wuss casserole instruction :
- Swop out the crybaby for some meat you impoverishment! Rest sliced porc, or cows, and equal reheated scene meat taco meat.
- If you don’t equal negroid beans then use pinto beans or added legume you same.
- You can use any cheeseflower you poverty. I ever seem to bed Colby-jack cheeseflower in the fridge so that’s what I e’er end up using.
- Play this as spicy as you requisite. Add whatever chile explosive or chilli assail, or change few shredded jalapenos into the saucer.
- The first pasta to use is a ornament food suchlike rotini or fusilli. I happened to not change any uneaten of a spiral pasta when I prefab this so that’s why you won’t see it in the pictures. But, it is best to use a helix molded pasta. Any sympathetic gift do though!
- Use a truly angelic, impudent salsa for this direction. I e’er similar to buy the novel salsa that they eff in the create area with the guacamole and block. The salsa flavors rattling occur in this casserole so accomplish it a secure one.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 can (15 oz) corn (drained)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked shredded/chunked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Don’t forget to salt the pasta water. I use about 1 teaspoon salt.
- While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, salsa, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the pasta when it’s done cooking and add into the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Add in the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take the tin foil off and let cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions, tomato, and avocado slices if wanted.
Credit : kimberly kitchen