This just might be our favorite chicken enchilada recipe. So easy—just seven ingredients—and the unexpected addition of cream cheese makes for a rich, creamy white sauce that can’t be beat. And of course, the whole thing is finished with piles of ooey, gooey cheese. It’s a dinner winner! Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 burritos)
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 cups) Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
In 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
Stir in flour with whisk until blended.
Cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broth; heat to simmering over high heat.
Simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
Remove from heat. Beat in cream cheese with whisk until sauce is smooth and free of lumps.
Spread 1/2 cup of the sauce evenly in bottom of baking dish. Place 1/4 cup chicken in line down center of each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling.
Place seam side down in baking dish.
Pour remaining sauce over filled tortillas. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheese evenly over top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and center of tortillas is hot (at least 165°F in center).
Add some chopped fresh cilantro as a garnish, and serve with Pillsbury™ refrigerated biscuits and fresh salsa. Enjoy !!!!