Chicken Bezule is delicious Mangalorean street food recipe. Its quick easy to make; but you need to marinate it for correct time; in order to get the great tender fried chicken.
- Chicken small bite sized pieces- ¼ kg
- Curry leaves-2 springs
- Coriander leaves- one handful
- Ginger chopped- 1tbsp
- Garlic chopped-1 tbsp
- Chilly powder- 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Red food color- a pinch (optional)
- Rice flour- 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour / maida- 1 tbsp
- Oil-for deep frying
- Blend curry leaves, coriander leaves, ginger and garlic in a blender to a coarse paste (no need to be a smooth paste.)
- Add it in to chicken pieces.
- Add lemon juice, salt, maida, rice flour, food color and salt.
- Add little water if needed. (The batter should not be too thick; then when fried the batter will come out from the chicken also the batter should not be too loose)
- Marinate it for at least 4 hours (then only the chicken will become tender).
- After that deep fry it in hot oil in medium flame for few minutes until done (don’t do over frying; just fry it for 3-4 minutes until the masala well coated with the chicken; over frying makes the chicken hard).
- Drain in to paper towels ; garnish on top with onion rings, fried green chilly n lemon wedges.
Enjoy the great taste!!!JJJ