This Vegetable Soup has turn out to be considered one of my maximum popular soup recipes and for proper cause! It’s healthful, it’s comforting and 1,000 times higher than what you’ll get in a can! full of flavor and so easy to make you may’t cross incorrect with a huge warm bowl of vegetable soup.
Now not handiest is this soup delicious but and it’s so clean to make. It just takes some slicing and a piece of simmering till you’ve got a soup everyone will love! that is a recipe you’ll truly need to add on your dinner or lunch rotation. And it yields a pot full and makes extremely good leftovers! This soup has a slight seasoning combo to it which I decide on (because it we could the flavor of the greens shine) but you can simply add extra herb taste or spices to taste.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped carrots (about 5)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery (about 3)
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 3 cups peeled and 1/2-inch thick diced potatoes (from about 3 medium)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped frozen or fresh green beans
- 1 1/4 cups frozen or fresh corn
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, and celery and saute 4 minutes then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer.
- Add in broth tomatoes, potatoes, parsley, bay leaves, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste*.
- Bring to a boil, then add green beans.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until potatoes are almst fully tender, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Add corn and peas and cook 5 minutes longer. Serve warm.